Sunday, July 24, 2011

creating new habbints

It was a while, since I wish to start meditation every morning and couldn't really succeed. It does happened recently, usually over the weekend or some random work days.
Post "5 Steps to Create a New Habit" by Zenhabits encourage me to create a new habit. I want to have a new habit "meditate every morning 10 min."

There are my steps to achieve it:

1. Make a plan.
Every morning, get up out of bed, take a glass of water, go to bathroom, then 10 min. morning meditation. Usually the most challenging is to wake up 10 min early, to make it easier I must to go to bed on working day at 10.30p.m. or latest by11p.m.
my flat mate is very organized and going to bed approximately at the same time, so it should be my additional motivation or click point. Get enough rest is important for the quality day.

2. Choose a trigger.
Hmm...it's not an easy one, but one of the idea is to have one of the meditation pillow visible, as soon as I'm awake, then I can focus on it. although will work "create a trigger"

3. Get positive feedback.
I think I should ask my friends to check me out and question my daily achievements. Although it should be arrange as well.

4. Report your habit to a social group.
Probably posting on my blog can be consider as a "social group" :)

5.Reward yourself.
One of the things I would love to have everyday is my favourite desert "tiramisu", so every day during next 21 days I will eat it, as I did succeed morning habit and meditate 10 min!
why 21 day? because 3 weeks it's a min time to keep practising a new habit and to get to use to it. Knowing how to maintain the habit is may be even more important, then to create it.


I'm curios to go for it! of course I'm a bit afraid to fail, but it's not a right way of thinking :D
so today is 24th of July and my experiment should be over 14th of August, hopefully with positive result.
I would like to have an addition to meditate every morning at least 10 min.

Why do i want to do it?
It was a while, since i know the meditation technique and at time I've practising concentration, my mind become more sharp. Many things was much easier (decision making process, choices, focusing at one task longer etc), as emotions are less involved. I felt improvement at my professional performance, easy processes on personal life and mind somehow naturally become open, clear and kind of big.

I guess, a lot of new interesting ideas were popping up recently. After practising meditation I was feeling very peace, very kind and full of love. Me like the feelings of balance :) As far as I feel great now, I guess it can just get much better and explore event stronger.

One more thing, which I would like to test myself is improving memory. I have very strange selective memory:) as I'm starting my French classes in September and I would need to memorised a lot, it's important that my mind can keep concentration.

let's give a try :)

No comments: